Thursday, September 2, 2010

Begin!

I don't know how people start blogs, but here we are. Baksteen Brick Broadcasting. It's a totally random name. I know, right? Anyways I'm not going to just yammer on about how awesome I think this blog is (because right now it actually isn't awesome) and share a few cool things.

So I have this "Spotting Scope" which is more of a whale-watcher than a telescope. But nevertheless Jonno and I set it up on my roof one Tuesday night and gazed at the night sky. Wow! Despite using a completely not-for-astronomy telescope (which is made by Sansui of all people) we managed to see a crescent Venus, an orangey Mars, and even the rings of Saturn. What was even more awesome was seeing not only Jupiter, but Callisto, Ganymede and Io as well. I even managed to catch a glimpse of one of the darker rings of Jupiter, and what may have been Europa (or my imagination).

We're planning on getting an actual telescope soon so we can maybe spot some nebulae as well some more awesome views of the planets.

As for this blog? We'll probably be writing mainly about Astronomy, Computers, Gaming, Cycling, and the odd stuff we find lying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment